In the last couple of years, I’ve noticed that I’m losing a bit of touch with the younger generation after me. I think I’ve been in denial about this though, I haven’t wanted to admit that I’m getting older. My nephew (5 years old) can navigate a cellphone better than I can, so I should just give up.
Me seeing my young soul move into OLD territory:
Things I just don’t “get”:
- How to use Twitter
- Why do you and your friends have to have 58 comments on a status update. You can text each other.
- Justin Bieber (this includes: music, style, terms like “swaggy”)
- The AMOUNTS of makeup young girls put on at Sephora while they are “Mall-Rat-ing”–if your dad could see you…
- Having headphones on when you’re with your friends
- I haven’t stopped saying Facebook Wall as oppose to Timeline
- I have to Google how to change my Facebook settings
- I can’t use a Samsung Galaxy 3S at all. This is my mom’s new phone and she was appalled I couldn’t figure out how to use it!
- The CW or ABC Family…anything
- Flo-Rida songs
- I get really confused using Microsoft Office 2010
- Kids today don’t know about TGIF
I’m not saying “I’m too grown therefore I’m better at life!!!” I’m just saying when I see “youths” out and about or see online “buzz”, I realize how detached I am from that world. Yes, I’m pushing 30. I shall own that, I shall reference Full House on the daily and be ok about it.